Hitchcock Chronology: 2000
(Redirected from 2000)
Month by Month
- 5th - Composer Joel McNeely again conducts the Royal Scottish National Orchestra at City Halls, Glasgow, in a recording of Bernard Herrmann's score for Marnie. The recording is later released on the Varèse Sarabande label.
- 21st - Actor John Gielgud, who starred in Secret Agent, dies aged 96.
- 26th - Playwright and screenwriter Samuel A. Taylor, who worked on the screenplays of Vertigo and Topaz, dies aged 87.
- 8th - Paramount publicist Herb Steinberg dies aged 78.
- 24th - A fire breaks out in Kim Novak's house in Oregon, destroying her collection of acting memorabilia, including her annotated copy of the Vertigo script and the computer on which she'd been writing her autobiography. Talking to the press afterwards about the book that she'd been writing for 10 years, she said, "I take it personally as a sign my story should not be told. I read signs. Unfortunately, they have to be pretty heavy-duty signs for me to recognize them."
Notes & References