Harry Hitchcock (b. ~1880)
- son of Joseph Hitchcock (b. 1857) and Emma Louisa Hitchcock (b. 1856) née Cook
- cousin of director Alfred Joseph Hitchcock (b. 1899)
- born around 1880
- possibly Harry William Hitchcock (b. 1879)
- address: 33 Cloudesley Road, Islington, London
- Joseph Hitchcock (aged 36) — head, occupation: greengrocer
- Emma Hitchcock (aged 35) — wife
- Harry Hitchcock (aged 11) — son
- Joseph Hitchcock (aged 6) — son
- There's a probate record for Harry William Hitchcock who died 04/Nov/1941 at Sudbrook Hall, Grantham, Lincolnshire, which was granted to his widow Florence Mary Hitchcock (née Hawkes) with effects worth £2,740 13s. 8d., however the death registry entry gives his age as 72, which is a good 10 years older than our Harry Hitchcock. This couple married 1921 [reg. Q2 1921 St. George Hanover Square] and widow Florence Mary died in 1960.
- Another Harry Hitchcock born around the same time was in Woodbury, Devon in 1877. He fought during the First World War with the Hampshire Regiment and gave his next of kin as his wife, Elizabeth Jane Hitchcock (née Chapman), whom he married on 30/Sep/1908. He likely died 1948.
Notes & References
- ↑ Birth registered Q3 1879 Lewisham.