Middlesex Street, London
Middlesex House, 116 Middlesex Street
Although actually filmed on a set at Pinewood Studios, the film script named the Salvation Army Hostel at which Richard Blaney stays as the Middlesex Street Hostel, formerly situated in Middlesex House. According to author Gary Giblin, the crew purchased the distinctive blankets from the Hostel to use on the set.
The Hostel was closed after it caught fire in 1983 and was later demolished and replaced by an office block.
Approximate former location of Middlesex House:
- London Bridge, London (0.8 miles)
- Tower Bridge, London (0.9 miles)
- St. Paul's Cathedral, London (0.9 miles)
- Old Bailey, London (1 mile)
- Shoe Lane, London (1.2 miles)
Notes & References
- Alfred Hitchcock's London: A Reference Guide to Locations (2009) by Gary Giblin, pages 264-54