The Paradine Case (1947) - Hitchcock's cameo
Hitchcock's cameo in The Paradine Case (1947) occurs about 36 minutes into the film, where is seen smoking and carrying a cello at a Cumbrian railway station.
The second unit footage of the station was filmed at Braithwaite Station in the Lake District, which was a stop on the Cockermouth, Keswick and Penrith Railway. The station closed in the mid-1960s and is now a private residence.
Hitchcock is also seen carrying a musical instrument in the following films:
- Spellbound (1945) — violin case
- Strangers on a Train (1951) — once again carrying a cello case
- Vertigo (1958) — bugle case
Notes & References
- Alfred Hitchcock's London: A Reference Guide to Locations (2009) by Gary Giblin, page 285
- Wikipedia: Braithwaite railway station