Elizabeth Amelia Hitchcock (b. 1877) née Welch
(Redirected from Elizabeth Amelia Welch (b. 1877))
Elizabeth Amelia Welch was the daughter of London fruiterer and greengrocer John Welch and his wife, Elizabeth.
Following her father's death in 1890, she lived with her widowed sister Emily Sarah Paulin and worked as a florist.
- daughter of fruiterer & greengrocer John Welch (b. ~1838) and Elizabeth Welch (b. ~1840)
- by marriage, aunt of director Alfred Joseph Hitchcock (b. 1899)
- John Welch (b. ~1864)
- Arthur Welch (b. ~1865)
- Annie Welch (b. ~1868)
- Herbert Edward Welch (b. ~1869)
- Emily Sarah Welch (b. ~1870)
- John F. Welch (b. ~1886)
- Florence Welch (b. ~1890)
- born 1877 in Southwark, Surrey
- born 1860
- son of Joseph Hitchcock (b. ~1829) and Ann Hitchcock (b. ~1827) née Mahoney
- married in 1888 to Emma Gallop, who likely died 1903
- married 21/Sep/1913 to Elizabeth Amelia Welch at St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church, Hackney — witnesses were Dorothy Welch, John Hitchcock and Winifred Paulin
- died 1926 aged 66
- likely died 1955 aged 78
- address: 39 Long Lane, Southwark, London
- John Welch (aged 43) — head, occupation: greengrocer & carman
- Elizabeth Welch (aged 41) — wife
- John Welch (aged 17) — son
- Arthur Welch (aged 16) — son
- Annie Welch (aged )13 — daughter
- Herbert Welch (aged 12) — son
- Emily Welch (aged 11) — daughter
- Elizabeth Welch (aged 3) — daughter
- address: 26 Long Lane, Southwark, London
- Elizabeth Welch (aged 60) — widow, occupation: fruiterer shopkeeper
- Annie Welch (aged 33) — daughter
- Elizabeth A Welch (aged 23) — daughter
- John F. Welch (aged 15) — grandson
- Florence Welch (aged 11) — granddaughter
- address: 161 High St, Homerton, St John at Hackney, London
- Emily Sarah Paulin (aged 41) — head, widow, occupation: drapers retail shop keeper
- Elizabeth Welch (aged 72) — mother, widow
- Elizabeth A. Welch (aged 34) — sister, occupation: assistant florist
- Winifred E. Welch (aged 16) — daughter (of Emily Sarah Paulin), occupation: milliners apprentice
- No Census return found for 1891
Notes & References
- Born in Stepney. Died 1890 [reg. Q1 1890 St. Olave Southwark].
- Possibly Elizabeth Weaver who married 1854 to John Welch in Southwark, London. Her exact birth year is currently uncertain, as her age varies in the Census returns.
- Worked as a fruiter. Married around 1896 to Florence ? (b. ~1874). Father of Dorothy Florence Welch (b. ~1897) and Stanley Herbert Welch (b. ~1898).
- Married 1894 to John Paulin (b. ~1868), who died 1904. Mother of Winifred E. Paulin (b. ~1895). Possibly married 1916 to Henry Elliott.
- Birth registered Q3 1860 West Ham.
- Marriage registered Q2 1888 West Ham.
- official web site
- Dorothy Florence Welch (b. ~1897). Daughter of Herbert Edward Welch and niece of Elizabeth Amelia.
- Niece of Elizabeth Amelia. Born around 1895 and daughter of Emily Sarah Paulin (b. ~1870) née Welch, sister of Elizabeth Amelia.
- Death registered Q4 1926 Greenwich.
- Death registered Q4 1955 Surrey South Eastern. Buried 04/Nov/1955 in Dorking, Surrey.