London Bridge, London
London Bridge refers to several historical bridges that have spanned the River Thames between the City of London and Southwark, in central London. The current crossing, which opened to traffic in 1973, is a box girder bridge built from concrete and steel. This replaced a 19th-century stone-arched bridge, which in turn superseded a 600-year-old medieval structure.
To mark Roddy's return to London, Hitchcock includes a shot of London Bridge.
The bridge shown in the film — designed by John Rennie, opened in 1831 and known as "New London Bridge" — is the predecessor of the current bridge. Rennie's bridge was sold in the 1960s, dismantled and moved to Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
- Tower Bridge, London (0.6 miles)
- St. Paul's Cathedral, London (0.6 miles)
- Blackfriars Bridge, London (0.7 miles)
- Middlesex Street, London (0.8 miles)
- Old Bailey, London (0.8 miles)