Rebecca (The Campbell Playhouse, 09/Dec/1938)
Producer David O. Selznick had previously secured the rights to the novel and radio historian Martin Grams, Jr. has speculated that he was keen to see how Welles tackled some of the trickier parts of the plot.
Listen to the broadcast...
- broadcast as part of The Campbell Playhouse
- date: 09/Dec/1938
- length: approx 60 minutes
- Orson Welles — producer
- Edwin C. Hill — commentator
- Ernest Chappel — announcer
- Ray Collins — narrator
- Daphne du Maurier — telephone interviewee
- Bernard Herrmann — composer and conductor
- Margaret Sullavan — Mrs. de Winter
- Orson Welles — Max de Winter
- Mildred Natwick — Mrs. Danvers
- Ray Collins — Frank Crawley
- George Coulouris — Captain Searle
- Frank Readick — the Idiot
- Alfred Shirley — Frith
- Eustace Wyatt — the Coroner
- Agnes Moorehead — Mrs. Van Hopper
Notes & References
- "Good Evening: Alfred Hitchcock on Radio" by Charles Huck and Martin Grams, Jr.