Roehampton Club, London
The Roehampton Club is an exclusive private members’ sports club in Roehampton in southwest London, England. The club is set in 100 acres of parkland and was established in 1901.
Easy Virtue (1928)
Stage Fright (1950)
Although Hitchcock had intended to film the garden party scenes at the Roehampton Club, according to author Gary Giblin, the director actually ended up filming the scenes back at the studio. Regardless of the location used, the scenes in the film are set at the Club's annual summer garden party.
- Campion Road, Putney, London (0.8 miles)
- Goldhawk Road, London (2.7 miles)
- Lime Grove Studios, London (2.9 miles)
- 19 Sandycombe Road, Twickenham, London (3.1 miles)
- 153 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London (3.2 miles)
Notes & References
- Alfred Hitchcock's London: A Reference Guide to Locations (2009) by Gary Giblin, page 257
- Daily Mail (08/Jun/1927) - New British Films: The Vortex and Easy Virtue