Variety (1941) - Legitimate: Pitt to See Gene Kelly as Pro for 1st Time, But in Vaude, Not Legit
- magazine article: Legitimate: Pitt to See Gene Kelly as Pro for 1st Time, But in Vaude, Not Legit
- journal: Variety (17/Sep/1941)
- issue: volume 144, issue 2, page 59
- journal ISSN: 0042-2738
- publisher: Penske Business Media
- keywords: Alfred Hitchcock, David O. Selznick, Untitled Gene Kelly project (1941)
- Producer David O. Selznick had signed Gene Kelly to Selznick International but then failed to find a suitable project for the dancer. Selznick then sold Kelly's contract on to MGM where he appeared in his first picture, For Me and My Gal (1942).
[Gene] Kelly has inked a David O. Selznick deal and will be featured in next Alfred Hitchcock film for Selznick. After that he expects to co-star with his brother, Fred, on Broadway in William Saroyan's "Sweeney in the Trees."