- article: Attack of the Killer Krows: Hitchcock's The Birds and The Book of Ruth
- author(s): Henrietta Bensussen & Marian Moore
- journal: Bridges (2011)
- issue: volume 16, issue 1, pages 208-213
- journal ISSN: 1046-8358
- publisher: Indiana University Press
- keywords: Books, Criticism and interpretation, Motion pictures, The Birds (1963)
A lot of my time is taken up with being a board member of the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens, but when my stint is up, I plan to start a blog, too. The movie is seemingly about evil flocks of birds that attack innocent children and unsuspecting adults, and cause horrific accidents, such as, symbolically, a conflagration fed by spilled gasoline. [...] I looked at the Wikipedia article and noticed the statement "Many scholars debate what happened on the threshing floor; yet it seems unlikely Boaz and Ruth had sexual relations based on the narrative's portrayal of their character."