Until her recent retirement, Deborah Thomas was the Professor of Film Studies at the University of Sunderland, UK.
Book Chapters & Essays
- On Being Norman: Performance and Inner Life in Hitchcock's Psycho
— in A Hitchcock Reader (2009) edited by Marshall Deutelbaum & Leland Poague (2nd ed)
- CineAction (1996) - Confession as betrayal: Hitchcock's "I Confess" as Enigmatic Text
- CineAction (1997) - On Being Norman: Performance and Inner Life in Hitchcock's "Psycho"
- Hitchcock Annual (2006) - Self-Possession and Dispossession in Hitchcock's "Marnie"
- Hitchcock Annual (2011) - Family Dramas in Hitchcock's Stage Fright