James M. Vest
Book Chapters & Essays
- To Catch a Liar: Bazin, Chabrol and Truffaut encounter Hitchcock in "Hitchcock: Past and Future" - edited by Richard Allen and Sam Ishii-Gonzales (2004)
- French Hitchcock, 1945–55 in A Companion to Alfred Hitchcock (2011) edited by Thomas Leitch & Leland Poague
- The Journal of the Midwest Modern Language Association (1989) - Reflections of Ophelia (And of "Hamlet") in Alfred Hitchcock's "Vertigo"
- Hitchcock Annual (1998) - The Controller Controlled: Hitchcock's Cameo in "Torn Curtain"
- Hitchcock Annual (1998) - Echoes of Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo, The Birds, and Frenzy in Francois Truffaut's Story of Adèle H.
- The French Review (1999) - Phones as Instruments of Betrayal in Alfred Hitchcock's Bon Voyage and Aventure Malgache
- Hitchcock Annual (1999) - Alfred Hitchcock's cameo in Vertigo
- Hitchcock Annual (2000) - Alfred Hitchcock's Role in "Elstree Calling"
- Hitchcock Annual (2001) - The Emergence of an Auteur: Hitchcock and French Film Criticism, 1950-1954
- Hitchcock Annual (2004) - Metamorphoses of "Downhill": From Stage Play to Cinematic Treatment and Film
- Hitchcock Annual (2005) - The Making of "Downhill" and Its Impact on Hitchcock's Reputation
- Hitchcock Annual (2006) - Down and Round We Go: Recurrent Visual Patterns in Hitchcock's "Downhill"
- Hitchcock Annual (2010) - Reflections on the Making of To Catch a Thief