Joseph Cheshire Cotten was an American stage and screen actor.
He is perhaps best known for his collaborations with Orson Welles, which included Citizen Kane, The Third Man, and Journey Into Fear, which Cotten wrote. He received his start on Broadway, starring in the original productions of The Philadelphia Story and Sabrina Fair, and became a recognizable Hollywood star in his own right with films such as Shadow of a Doubt and Portrait of Jennie.
Cotten died in February 1994 of pneumonia, aged 88.
Alfred Hitchcock Presents...
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Breakdown (13/Nov/1955) — cast: William Callew
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Together (12/Jan/1958) — cast: Tony Gould
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Dead Weight (22/Nov/1959) — cast: Courtney Masterson
Selection of film frames: Joseph Cotten (click image to view larger version or refresh thumbnails)...
- Foreign Correspondent (Academy Award Theater, 24/Jul/1946) — cast
- Shadow of a Doubt (Academy Award Theater, 11/Sep/1946) — cast
- Notorious (Lux Radio Theater, 26/Jan/1948) — cast
- Spellbound (Lux Radio Theater, 08/Mar/1948) — cast
- The Paradine Case (Lux Radio Theater, 09/May/1949) — cast
- Spellbound (Screen Directors' Playhouse, 25/Jan/1951) — cast