Victoria Olga Slade was a British actress, best known for her role in Hitchcock's The Farmer's Wife (1928).
She also appeared in a minor role in the 1941 version of the The Farmer's Wife, directed by Leslie Arliss and Norman Lee.
She died 1949 aged 58.
- The Farmer's Wife (1928) — cast: Mary Hearn: Postmistress
Selection of film frames: Olga Slade (click image to view larger version or refresh thumbnails)...
- born 1891 in Weymouth, Dorset
- daughter of Frederick George Slade (b. ~1851) and Emmaline Charlotte Delap Slade (b. ?) née Bond, who married 08/Aug/1885
- baptised Victoria Olga Edwine Slade on 05/Dec/1891 at St. John, Melcombe Regis
- married 1934 to Stanley James Warmington (b. ~1885) in Kensington
- died 24/Apr/1949 at St. Mary Abbots Hospital, Kensington
- probate granted 14/Nov/1949 to Algernon Wyndham Disney-Roebuck (retired Army major) — effects worth £1,510 7s. 4d.
- Lived on Gloucester Road, Kensington during the early 1930s.
Notes & References
- Birth registered Q4 1891 Weymouth.
- Born around 1851 in Wallingford, Berkshire. Son of General Marcus John Slade. Occupation given as "Major, Royal Artillery & Colonel in the Army" on baptism registry. Probably died 1910 aged 59.
- Daughter of Major William(?) Wyndham Bond.
- Died 11/May/1941 aged 56. Listed as a civilian casualty of World War Two.
- Married registered Q3 1934 Kensington.
- Death registered Q3 1949 Kensington.
- Source: Electoral Registers.