Richard Warren Schickel is an author, journalist, and documentary filmmaker. He is a film critic for Time magazine, having also written for Life magazine and the Los Angeles Times Book Review.
Schickel was a recipient of a Guggenheim Fellowship in 1964. He has also lectured at Yale University and University of Southern California's School of Film and Television.
- The Stars (1962) - The New Breed: Shirley MacLaine
- The New York Times (29/Oct/1972) - We're living in a Hitchcock world, all right
- TIME (1980) - Master of existential suspense
- The Men Who Made the Movies (1975) edited by Richard Schickel
He has produced the following Hitchcockian documentaries...
He has appeared in the following Hitchcockian documentaries...
- Guilt Trip: Hitchcock and the Wrong Man (2004)
- Before the Fact: Suspicious Hitchcock (2004)
- Personal History: Foreign Hitchcock (2004)
- Hitchcock and "Dial M"
- Hitchcock and "Stage Fright"
- Strangers on a Train: A Hitchcock Classic (2004)
- Hitchcock's Confession: A Look at "I Confess"
- Behind the Gates: Cary Grant and Grace Kelly
- Mr. Hitchcock Meets the Smiths (2004)
He has contributed to the following DVD releases:
- Rebecca (1940) - MGM Home Entertainment (USA, 2008) - feature length commentary track