Shadow of a Doubt (1943) - trivia
Trivia for Shadow of a Doubt (1943).
Did You Know?
- Alfred Hitchcock often said that this was his favorite film.
- Many of the extras were Santa Rosa locals, including Edna May Wonacott (Ann Newton) and Estelle Jewell (Catherine).
- Hume Cronyn's film debut.
- There are numerous vampiric references in the film and Uncle Charlie's line "the same blood runs through our veins" is taken straight from Dracula (1931).
- The initials "B M" are inscribed on the ring — a Hitchcock in-joke reference to "bowel movements".
- Young Charlie: Joan Fontaine
- Uncle Charlie: William Powell
- L'ombre d'un Doute (France)
- Im Schatten des Zweifels (Germany)
- La Sombra de una Duda (Spain)
- L'ombra del Dubbio (Italy)
- Uncle Charlie (working title)
- 12/Jan/1943 (New York City, USA)
- 15/Jan/1943 (USA)