The New Yorker (1999) - In Love With Fear: How the Master of Suspense Made Fetishists of Us All
- article: In Love With Fear: How the Master of Suspense Made Fetishists of Us All
- journal: The New Yorker (16/Aug/1999)
- issue: volume 75, issue 23, pages 80-86
- journal ISSN: 0028-792X
- publisher: The New Yorker Magazine, Inc
- keywords: Film theory, Film directors, Auteur theory, Film (USA), Film (International, Europe), Alfred Hitchcock, Film & television production, British cinema, Motion picture directors & producers, Personal profiles
Lane discusses the life and career of late filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock. Hitchcock was an inveterate traveller, and his movies take those who view them along for the ride.