Themes - birds
Hitchcock often used birds in his film to symbolise impending doom.
- The 39 Steps (1935) — "What causes pip in poultry?"
- Sabotage (1936) - the birdcage bomb, "the birds will sing at 1.45", and the "Cock Robin" cartoon
- Young and Innocent (1937) - seagulls announce the murder on the beach
- Foreign Correspondent (1940) - a bird nearly gives away the hero hiding in the windmill
- Vertigo (1958) - "Elster" is German for "mockingbird" and Kim Novak wears a pin shaped like a bird on the first trip to San Juan Bautista
- Psycho (1960) - Norman's stuffed birds and Marion Crane (from Phoenix) eating like a bird
- The Birds (1963) - everywhere!