Trafalgar Square, London
Trafalgar Square is a public space and tourist attraction in central London built around the area formerly known as Charing Cross. At its centre is Nelson's Column, which is guarded by four lion statues at its base.
Later on in the film, Ted, the undercover detective, meets Sylvia and her bother Stevie in Trafalgar Square before taking them to Simpson's-in-the-Strand.
Foreign Correspondent (1940)
Stage Fright (1950)
Following her trip to the Essex, Eve Gill returns to London and Hitchcock includes a high-angle shot of Trafalgar Square.
- Leicester Square, London (0.2 miles)
- Piccadilly Circus, London (0.3 miles)
- St. Paul's, Covent Garden Market, London (0.3 miles)
- Henrietta Street, Covent Garden, London (0.3 miles)
- Covent Garden Market, London (0.3 miles)
- Foreign Office, London (0.4 miles)
Notes & References
- Alfred Hitchcock's London: A Reference Guide to Locations (2009) by Gary Giblin, pages 194-95