Variety (1955) - African Locales Still Attracting Film Producers
- article: African Locales Still Attracting Film Producers
- journal: Variety (01/Jun/1955)
- issue: volume 198, issue 13, page 11
- journal ISSN: 0042-2738
- publisher: Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier, Inc
- keywords: Alfred Hitchcock, Doris Day, Flamingo Feather, James Stewart, The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
Alfred Hitchcock has a pair of films coming up which will be filmed in Africa. The director and stars James Stewart and Doris Day recently returned to London from Marrakech, French Morocco, where filming on "The Man Who Knew Too Much" started on May 12. On Hitch's future slate is "Flamingo Feather," based on Laurens van der Post, and dealing with a contemporary adventure set in Africa. The director and Stewart plan a safari to film the property.