William Hitchcock (b. ~1690)
William Hitchcock was a clothier who lived and worked in (or near to) Dedham, Essex.
- son of William Hitchcock (b. ~1664) and Mary Hitchcock (b. ~1658) née Sanders
- fourth great grandfather of director Alfred Joseph Hitchcock (b. 1899)
- born around 1690
William married Mary, sometime before 1721. The most likely match is listed below:
- married 1717 to Wlll Hitchcock in Mistley, Essex
- born around 1721
- worked as a carpenter and likely lived in Colchester
- married 12/Apr/1748 to Mary Warner at Holy Trinity, Colchester
- third great grandfather of director Alfred Hitchcock (b. 1899)
- born around 1722
- married 20/Oct/1748 to Susannah Ham (b. ~1723)
- father of John Hitchcock (b. ~1748), Enoch Hitchcock (b. ~1752), Mary Hitchcock (b. ~1755) and William Hitchcock (b. ~1758)
- likely died around 1800
- born around 1725
- married 22/Apr/1747 to William Stow at Highham by Nayland
- born around 1729
- married 04/Dec/1752 to Benjamin King at Highham by Nayland
- died 1768
- In 1717, William was left a weaver's loom in the will of his uncle John Sanders.
Notes & References
- Mistley is approximately 5 miles east of Dedham.
- Born in Ardleigh. Daughter of William and Elizabeth Warner of Ardleigh.
- Daughter of Enoch Ham (died 1774). Died 1804. Buried 13/Feb/1804.
- Born in Sudbury.
- Born in Ipswich. Possibly born 1723 and died 1795 in Clavering, Essex.
- Buried 18/Apr/1768. His will was proved 28/Apr/1768.