- article: The McGuffin theory of banking technology
- author(s): Kevin Sheridan
- journal: ABA Bank Marketing (01/Jul/2000)
- issue: volume 32, issue 7/8, page 6
- journal ISSN: 1539-7890
- publisher: American Bankers Association
- keywords: Conferences, Customer relations, Electronic banking, The McGuffin
An editorial contends that those who attended the eCustomer Forum and glommed exclusively on to the technology issues missed the real value of the conference. The current and future deluges of tech in the banking industry - no matter how esoterically backoffice - simply can not be beneficially understood without connection the customer.