Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho (1990) by Stephen Rebello
A behind-the-scenes account of the creation of Psycho, including the difficulties Hitchcock experienced in overcoming studio politics, censorship and collaborators. Financing the film himself, Hitchcock had no major stars, no exotic locations and no top screenwriters. Rebello takes us behind the scenes, drawing upon Hitchcock's private files, and in-depth interviews with the stars, writers and technical crew, to give a unique and unparalleled view of the master at work. The book is currently being filmed as a major feature film called HITCHCOCK, starring Anthony Hopkins as Hitchcock, Scarlett Johansson, and Helen Mirren, to be released in early 2013.
- Variety (1990) - Literati: Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho
- The Village Voice (1990) - 'Psycho' Babble
- Library Journal (1990) - Performing Arts - Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of "Psycho"
- Film Quarterly (1991) - Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of "Psycho"
- Hitchcock Annual (1992) - Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho