Ann Mary Hitchcock (b. 1864) née Carter
(Redirected from Ann Mary Carter (b. 1864))
Ann Mary Carter worked as a music teacher and married George Joseph Hitchcock in 1892. They lived in Leystonstone area and had 3 known children.
- likely daughter of Charles J. Carter (b. ~1831) & Caroline Carter (b. ~1843)
- by marriage, first cousin-in-law (once removed⇧) of director Alfred Joseph Hitchcock (b. 1899)
- likely sister of Henry Vincent Carter (b. ~1883) and Gertrude Carter (b. ~1890)
- born 1864 in the Mile End district of London
- born 1878
- son of Charles William Hitchcock (b. 1838) and his wife Harriet F. Hitchcock (b. 1842) née Turner
- brother Charles William Hitchcock (b. 1867), Henry John Hitchcock (b. 1872), Harriet Frances Hitchcock (b. 1874), Charlotte Sophie Hitchcock (b. 1879) and Albert Bertie Hitchcock (b. 1884)
- married in 1892 to Ann Mary Carter
- possibly died 1921
- born 1890 in Mile End, London
- died 1902, aged 12
- born 1893
- married in 1915 to Maud Alice Pluckrose (b. 1894), daughter of John J. and Leah B. Pluckrose
- died 1954, aged 64
- likely born in Ilford, Essex
- no obvious entries after 1911, although she might be the Phyllis Ellen Hitchcock who died in 1992
- possibly died 1949 aged 85
- address: 17 Montague Road, Leyton
- George J. Hitchcock (aged 31) — occupation: carman
- Ann M. Hitchcock (aged 36) — wife
- Gertrude Hitchcock (aged 11) — daughter
- Charles Hitchcock (aged 8) — son
Ann records that one of their three children has died — this was their daughter Gertrude.
- address: 242 High Road, Leytonstone
- George Joseph Hitchcock (aged 48) — occupation: dealer in lead
- Ann Mary Hitchcock (aged 47) — wife, occupation: ...? dealer
- Phylis Hitchcock (aged 7) — daughter
Notes & References
- Birth registered Q1 1864 Mile End Old Town.
- Birth registered Q1 1870 West Ham.
- Marriage registered Q1 1892 West Ham.
- Death registered Q4 1921 Marylebone.
- Death registered Q1 1902 West Ham.
- Birth registered Q1 1893 West Ham.
- Death registered Q2 1954 Bournemouth.
- Death registered Q3 1992 Taunton Deane.
- Death registered Q1 1949 Southend on Sea.
- A "carman" was essentially a delivery man.
- The original age is crossed out and replaced with 48, although George should really be aged 41.