Barngates is a rural location in Ambleside, situated in the county of Cumbria, England.
The Paradine Case (1947)
After disembarking at Braithwaite Station, Anthony Keane (Gregory Peck) walks a short distance to the Station Hotel.
In fact the hotel was The Drunken Duck, an inn over 16 miles from the station.
According to author Gary Giblin, Hitchcock had scouted for filming locations in Cumbria during May 1946 with unit manager Fred Ahern.
Location of The Drunken Duck:
- Windermere, Cumbria (2.2 miles)
- Rydal Water, Cumbria, England (3.1 miles)
- Coniston, Cumbria (4 miles)
- Braithwaite, Cumbria (15.9 miles)
- Forth Bridge, Scotland (111 miles)
...or you can view more nearby locations on a map
Notes & References
- ↑ Alfred Hitchcock's London: A Reference Guide to Locations (2009) by Gary Giblin, pages 285-86