Gordon Harker was an English film actor, the son of theatre scenic artist Joseph Harker.
Harker died in March 1967, aged 81.
- The Ring (1927) — cast: Jack's Trainer
- The Farmer's Wife (1928) — cast: Churdles Ash: his Handyman
- Champagne (1928) — cast: The Father
- Elstree Calling (1930) — cast
Selection of film frames: Gordon Harker (click image to view larger version or refresh thumbnails)...
- born William Gordon Harker 07/Aug/1885 in Wandsworth, London, England
- baptised 01/Feb/1888 at St. Faith, Wandsworth, London
- son of scenic artist Joseph Cunningham Harker (b. 1855) and Sarah Elizabeth Harker (b. ~1856) née Hall, who married 10/May/1877 at St. Mary, Lambeth, London
- brother of Phil Pierpoint Harker (b. 1878), Alice Ada Harker (b. 1880), Dora May Harker (b. 1882), Pheobe Winifred Harker (b. 1887), James Thomas Harker (b. ~1890), Joseph Cunningham Harker (b. 1892), Roland Hall Harker (b. 1895) and Colin Charles Harker (b. 1897)
- died 02/Mar/1967 in London, England
- 5-year-old living with parents and siblings on Earlsfield Road, Wandsworth, London
- working as a 15-year-old scene painter and living at 18 The Grove, Wandsworth, London, with parents and siblings
- working as a 25-year-old actor and living at 9 Macanlay Road, Wandsworth, London, with parents and siblings
Notes & References
- Died 15/Apr/1927. Probate record lists effects worth £10,937.
- Died 12/Nov/1927. Probate record lists effects worth £314.
- Married 1914 to Barbara Violet ?. Died 03/Nov/1933.
- Married 13/Aug/1901 to Charles Edward Dixon (b. 1872). Died 31/Oct/1941 in Chichester, Sussex.
- Born in Dublin, Ireland. Married 31/Oct/1908 to Frank Ridley (b. 1876). Died 1970 in Chichester, Sussex.
- Married 16/Jul/1919 to Gilbert Fowden Simpson (b. 1893). Died 1966 in London.
- Married Caroline May ?. Died 21/Aug/1961 in Chichester, Sussex. Probate record lists effects worth £3,758.
- Married Thelma Edith Doris ?. Died 16/Dec/1958 in Chichester, Sussex. Probate record lists effects worth £544.
- Died 22/Jul/1961.
- Died 1969 in Pershore, Worcestershire.