Hitchcock Chronology: Cannes Film Festival
- 27th - A press release is issued to announce that The Birds will open the 1963 Cannes Film Festival with a gala showing on May 9th.
- 5th - Tippi Hedren, Alma and Alfred Hitchcock fly from Los Angeles to New York, en route to the Cannes Film Festival. They stay overnight at the Regis Hotel before flying on to Paris.
- 6th - The Hitchcocks leave Los Angeles for the Cannes Film Festival in France. They board the cruise liner Michelangelo in New York. During the voyage, several Hitchcock films are screened for the passengers, including Frenzy.
- 19th - Frenzy is shown at the Cannes Film Festival and Hitchcock receives a standing ovation from the audience.
- 25th - Actress Kim Novak is the guest of honour at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival, where she introduces a screening of Vertigo.
- 22nd - The newly restored print of Jamaica Inn (1939) is premiered at Cannes Film Festival. The 4K digital restoration by the Cohen Film Collection was based on the British Film Institute's original nitrate negatives of the film.
- The Making of Hitchcock's The Birds (2013) by Tony Lee Moral, page 196
- The Making of Hitchcock's The Birds (2013) by Tony Lee Moral, pages 196-97
- Alfred Hitchcock's Frenzy: The Last Masterpiece (2012) by Raymond Foery, page 113