Hitchcock Chronology: Chasen's Restaurant, Hollywood, California
- 15th - Hitchcock meets with RKO producer William Dozier at Chasen's Restaurant, where he outlines the plot of a story that will eventually become Notorious. Dozier is keen for RKO to purchase the story, but David O. Selznick overrules and decides it should be a Selznick International Pictures film.
- 28th - Over dinner at Chasen's Restaurant with Alma and Lew Wasserman, Hitchcock offers Tippi Hedren the lead role in The Birds.
- Hitchcock attends the funeral of Dave Chasen, owner of Chasen's Restaurant.
- The Hitchcocks celebrate their 75th birthdays at a special party organised by Lew Wasserman at Chasen's Restaurant. Among the guests are Cary Grant, Laraine Day, Paul Newman and François Truffaut.
- The Dark Side of Genius: The Life of Alfred Hitchcock (1983) by Donald Spoto, page 283
- The Making of Hitchcock's The Birds (2013) by Tony Lee Moral, page 63
- Alfred Hitchcock: A Life in Darkness and Light (2003) by Patrick McGilligan, page 717
- Alfred Hitchcock: A Life in Darkness and Light (2003) by Patrick McGilligan, page 721