Hitchcock Chronology: Kim Novak
- Hitchcock, Lew Wasserman, Herman Citron and James Stewart meet at the end of April to discuss who should play the role of Madeleine/Judy in Vertigo. Wasserman favours rising star Kim Novak instead of the pregnant Vera Miles.
- Over lunch in late June, at Hitchcock's home on Bellagio Road, Kim Novak voices her concerns about playing Madeleine in Vertigo. Samuel A. Taylor is also present.
- 24th - A fire breaks out in Kim Novak's house in Oregon, destroying her collection of acting memorabilia, including her annotated copy of the Vertigo script and the computer on which she'd been writing her autobiography. Talking to the press afterwards about the book that she'd been writing for 10 years, she said, "I take it personally as a sign my story should not be told. I read signs. Unfortunately, they have to be pretty heavy-duty signs for me to recognize them."
- 25th - Actress Kim Novak is the guest of honour at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival, where she introduces a screening of Vertigo.
- Alfred Hitchcock: A Life in Darkness and Light (2003) by Patrick McGilligan, page 546
- Alfred Hitchcock: A Life in Darkness and Light (2003) by Patrick McGilligan, page 552
- Los Angeles Times (25/Jul/2000) - Kim Novak's Home Burns in Oregon