Hitchcock Chronology: William Hitchcock (b. 1862)
- 26th - William Hitchcock marries Emma Jane Whelan at the Roman Catholic Church of St. Antony of Padua in Upton, Forest Gate. The priest is Father Alfred McLaughlin.
- William and Emma Hitchcock, along with their two young children, move to 517 Leytonstone High Road. Although the house has since been demolished and the area is occupied by a petrol station, a blue plaque commemorates the approximate location.
- 23rd - Leytonstone greengrocer William Hitchcock is fined a total 11 shillings (including costs) for "throwing litter and rubbish on the streets" at Stratford Court.
- 13th - Alfred Joseph Hitchcock is born in Leytonstone to William Hitchcock and Emma Jane Hitchcock.
- William Hitchcock appears listed in the London Telephone Directory for the first time, as a greengrocer living at 517 Leytonstone High Road, and contactable on telephone number Wanstead 569.
- The July 1906 London Telephone Directory is the final time William Hitchcock and family are listed as living at 517 Leytonstone High Road.
- 12th - Alfred Hitchcock's father, William Hitchcock, dies from chronic emphysema and kidney disease.