Hitchcock Chronology: William John Hitchcock (b. 1888)
- 18th - William John Hitchcock, older brother of Alfred Hitchcock, is born at 39 Chandos Road, Stratford.
- 2nd - Alfred Hitchcock marries Alma Reville at Bromptom Oratory, South Kensington, London. Alfred's older brother, William, is the best man and Alma's younger sister, Eva [born Eveline], is the maid of honour. The Reverend J.J. Bevan presides over the marriage service.
- 4th - Hitchcock's older brother William John dies of a cardiac arrest aggrevated by the drug paraldehyde. William leaves effects worth £110 7s. 6d. to his widow, Lilian. Shocked by his brother's early death, Hitchcock begins a strict diet in an attempt to lose 100 pounds in weight — this would lead to his memorable cameo appearance in the film Lifeboat (1944).
- Brompton Oratory's official web site
- Wikipedia: Brompton Oratory
- Alfred Hitchcock: A Life in Darkness and Light (2003) by Patrick McGilligan, page 89
- The Dark Side of Genius: The Life of Alfred Hitchcock (1983) by Donald Spoto, page 92
- Alfred Hitchcock: A Life in Darkness and Light (2003) by Patrick McGilligan, pages 325-26