John Howe (b. ~1857)
- son of David Howe (b. ~1831) and Margaret Ellen Howe (b. ~1831)
- by marriage, uncle of director Alfred Joseph Hitchcock (b. 1899)
- born around 1857 in Aldgate, London
- born 1854
- daughter of Joseph Hitchcock (b. ~1829) and Ann Hitchcock (b. ~1827) née Mahoney
- sister of Charles Joseph Hitchcock (b. 1852), Joseph Hitchcock (b. 1857), Alfred Hitchcock (b. 1860), William Hitchcock (b. 1862), John Sylvester Hitchcock (b. 1864), Ellen Hitchcock (b. 1866), Emma Mary Hitchcock (b. 1869) and Kate Hitchcock (b. 1872)
- married in 1881 to John Howe
- died 1935
- died 07/Jan/1920 at Dulwich Hospital
- probate granted 29/Mar/1920 to widow Mary Howe — effects worth £252 8s.
- address: Grasel Lane, Aldgate
- David Howe (aged 40) — head, occupation: coal dealer
- Ellen Howe (aged 40) — wife
- John Howe (aged 14) — son
- address: 13 Louise Road, Stratford
- John Howe (aged 34) — head, occupation: office porter
- Mary Howe (aged 35) — wife
- William J. Howe (aged 7) — son
- Annie E. Howe (aged 5) — daughter
- address: 3 Delahay Street, Westminster
- John Howe (aged 44) — head, occupation: housekeeper
- Mary Howe (aged 46) — wife, occupation: housekeeper
- Annie E. Howe (aged 14) — daughter
- William J. Howe (aged 17) — son, occupation: railway clerk
- Mary Mayson (aged 16) — servant
- address: 11 Crampton Street, Newington
- John Howe (aged 57) — head, occupation: lawyer's clerk
- Mary Howe (aged 56) — wife
- [...?] Annie Howe (aged 22) — daughter
- W. J. Howe (aged 25) — son, occupation: accountant's clerk
Notes & References
- Born in Cork, Ireland, and worked as a coal dealer. Married Margaret Ellen ? sometime after the 1851 Census but presumably before John's birth in 1857. Died 24/Mar/1896. Probate granted 08/Apr/1896 to widow, effects worth £612.
- Born in Kerry, Ireland. Died 03/Nov/1898. Probate granted 20/Dec/1898, effects worth £652.
- Birth of Ellen Hitchcock registered Q1 1854 West Ham.
- Marriage registered Q4 1881 West Ham.
- Birth of William John Howe registered Q2 1884 West Ham.
- Died after 1935.
- Birth of Annie Ellen Howe registered Q4 1886 West Ham.
- Marriage registered Q3 1928 Romford, Essex.
- Death of Annie E. Wilks registered Q1 1930 Stratford on Avon.
- The Howes were sharing the house with another couple.