Mary Rose (BBC Radio, 20/Feb/1940)
As well as Pilbeam, this adaptation featured a number of actors who had worked with director Alfred Hitchcock in the 1930s: Derrick de Marney, A. Bromley Davenport, Mary Jerrold, Nova Pilbeam, Stephen Haggard and John Laurie.
Pilbeam went on to play the role in a further BBC radio adaptation in 1947.
- broadcast on BBC Radio (Home Service)
- date: 20/Feb/1940, 7:30pm
- length: 60 minutes
The play covers a period of over thirty years. It opens in a small manor house in Sussex, passes to an island in the Hebrides, and back to the house again.
- Jean Cadell — Mrs Otery
- Derrick de Marney — Harry
- A. Bromley Davenport — Rev George Amy
- Hubert Harben — Mr Morland
- Mary Jerrold — Mrs Morland
- Nova Pilbeam — Mary Rose
- Stephen Haggard — Simon
- John Laurie — Cameron