Ayrton in [[The Manxman]]
Randle Ayrton (1869–1940) was a British actor, producer and director.
- The Manxman (1929) — cast: Caesar Cregeen
Selection of film frames: Randle Ayrton (click image to view larger version or refresh thumbnails)...
- born Frederick Randle Ayrton on 09/Aug/1869 in Chester, Cheshire, England
- baptised 15/Sep/1869 at St Michael, Chester
- son of William Francis Ayrton (b. ~1808) and Pauline Augusta Johanna Fleischmann (b. ~1834)
- half-brother of Jane Ayrton (b. ~1837), George Ayrton (b. ~1839) and William Richard Ayrton (b. ~1841)
- brother of Annie Frederica Ayrton (b. ~1859), William Ayrton (b. ~1861), Catherine Ayrton (b. ~1863), Alfred Gustav Ayrton (b. ~1866), Mabel Ayrton (b. ~1871) and Ormrod Maxwell Ayrton (b. ~1874)
- died 28/May/1940 in Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, England and buried at St James's Church, Alveston
- 11-year-old living with his aunt Louisa Heischmann (aged 50) at 33 Liverpool Road, Abbots Rock, Cheshire.
- Working as a theatre manager and lodging 23 Upper Baker Street, Marylebone, London.
- 42-year-old married actor living as a boarder at 51 Market St, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent.
Notes & References
- Born in Great Boughton, Cheshire. Daughter of Robert Dodd and Elizabeth Kyffyn Dodd. Baptised 20/Oct/1869 at St Bridget, Chester. Died 1947 and buried with her husband at St James's Church, Alveston.
- Marriage registered Q2 1896 Chester.
- Born 06/Jun/1901. Married 1927 to Edith Alice Hovell (b. 1905). Died 1969.
- Married 1930 to Leonard Levesley Hitching (b. 1907). Died 1985.