Ronald Elwin Neame was an English film cinematographer, producer, screenwriter and director.
- Blackmail (1929) - assistant camera (uncredited)
He has appeared in the following Hitchcockian documentaries...
- Cinema Europe - The Other Hollywood (1996)
- American Masters - Hitchcock, Selznick and the End of Hollywood (1998)
- Dial H for Hitchcock (1999)
- Reputations: Alfred Hitchcock (BBC, 1999)
He wouldn't have cast Anny Ondra, because Anny was Czechoslovakian, and she was playing the part of a London girl. She had a strong accent, and there was no such thing as dubbing. I don't think he would have landed himself in that problem had he known he was going to do sound.
source: "Alfred Hitchcock: A Life in Darkness and Light" - by Patrick McGilligan (pg. 117)