Scala Theatre, London
The Scala Theatre was a theatre in London, sited at 60 Charlotte Street in the London Borough of Camden. The first theatre on the site opened in 1772 and was also known as the Prince of Wales's Theatre. After a fire destroyed the building, it was demolished in 1969.
Stage Fright (1950)
Marlene Dietrich's "The Laziest Gal in Town" was rehearsed and filmed at the Scala, along with the final sequences in the film.
- L'Étoile Restaurant, London
- Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London (0.2 miles)
- Oxford Street, London (0.3 miles)
- St. Giles Circus, London (0.4 miles)
- Soho Square, London (0.4 miles)
- British Museum, London (0.4 miles)
- London Palladium, London (0.4 miles)
Notes & References
- Alfred Hitchcock's London: A Reference Guide to Locations (2009) by Gary Giblin, page 71