Themes - taboo: bathrooms
Bathrooms were rarely featured in films, as they were associated with bodily functions, but Hitchcock found ingenious ways of incorporating them into his films...
- Rear Window (1954) - Stella admits spying on the Director of General Motors in his bathroom
- North by Northwest (1959) - Thornhill hides several times in bathrooms (on the train, in Eve's hotel room, etc)
- Psycho (1960) - the scene of Marion's demise; a flushing toilet!
- Frenzy (1972) - the murderer hides in one after leaving the potato truck
- Family Plot (1976) - features a modern chemical toilet