Universal Studios Inc. (also known as Universal Pictures), is an American motion picture studio, owned by Comcast through its wholly owned subsidiary NBCUniversal, and is one of the six major movie studios. Its production studios are at 100 Universal City Plaza Drive in Universal City, California. Distribution and other corporate offices are in New York City.
Founded in 1912 by Carl Laemmle, Mark Dintenfass, Charles O. Baumann, Adam Kessel, Pat Powers, William Swanson, David Horsley, and Jules Brulatour, it is the oldest movie studio in the United States of America.
Universal Studios, Universal City, California
- Brown Derby, Los Angeles, California (3 miles)
- Paramount Pictures (4.1 miles)
- Chasen's Restaurant, Los Angeles, California (4.6 miles)
- Lexington Avenue, Los Angeles, California (5 miles)
- Romanoff's Restaurant, Los Angeles, California (5.6 miles)