Variety (1931) - Foreign Show News: European Runaround
- magazine article: Foreign Show News: European Runaround
- author(s): Frank Scully
- journal: Variety (20/Oct/1931)
- issue: volume 104, issue 6, page 53
- journal ISSN: 0042-2738
- publisher: Penske Business Media
- keywords: Alfred Hitchcock, British International Pictures, Elstree Studios, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, Seymour Hicks
Winter of Discontent
For all their plugging to the contrary, BIP no like results of some of their prima donnas.
Result is that Margaret Namara and Seymour Hicks are through as soon as their contracts are, and ditto goes for Alfred Hitchcock who has a grand-a-week long-termer as Elstree's ace director in the days when that was real d'argent.
Bippo biggies talked Hitch out of that one into another on a picture basis. Under this deal he has still a few left.