Variety (1935) - Pictures Grosses: 'Roberta,' 45G in 2 Wks., Okay in London, But Bobbies Needed for Socko Home-Bred '39 Steps'
- magazine article: Pictures Grosses: 'Roberta,' 45G in 2 Wks., Okay in London, But Bobbies Needed for Socko Home-Bred '39 Steps'
- journal: Variety (26/Jun/1935)
- issue: volume 2, issue 119, page 9
- journal ISSN: 0042-2738
- publisher: Penske Business Media
- keywords: Alfred Hitchcock, The 39 Steps (1935), The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934)
The 39 Steps (G-B), (2d week), New Gallery
This is the second effort of Alfred Hitchcock since he was put under a new G-B contact. "The Man Who Knew Too Much" was the first , this is a pip. House has not had such lobby crowding since Chaplin's "Circus" days, seven years ago. Police have to be called in. Doing steady $30,000 per week, which is more than capacity. Looks like running for months.