Variety (1939) - Pictures: Set Start of 'Titanic'
- magazine article: Pictures: Set Start of 'Titanic'
- journal: Variety (11/Jan/1939)
- issue: volume 133, issue 5, page 4
- journal ISSN: 0042-2738
- publisher: Penske Business Media
- keywords: Alfred Hitchcock, Rebecca (1940), Selznick International Pictures, Titanic
Set Start of "Titanic"
Hollywood, Jan 10.
"Titanic," story of the greatest modern sea disaster, gets the gun April 1 at the Selznick-International studio. Alfred Hitchcock, British director, arrives late this month with Richard Blaker, English novelist, who is doing the script.
Hitchcock was also set to direct "Rebecca," but it is not likely to be filmed this year.