Variety (1941) - Pictures: Studes Get Their Film Knowledge From Experts
- magazine article: Pictures: Studes Get Their Film Knowledge From Experts
- journal: Variety (19/Feb/1941)
- issue: volume 141, issue 11, page 5
- journal ISSN: 0042-2738
- publisher: Penske Business Media
- keywords: Alfred Hitchcock, Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation
Studes Get Their Film Knowledge From Experts
Hollywood. Feb. 18.
Film industry, long un-academic, has gone collegiate. Four lecturers from the studios are conducting courses for University of California (Los Angeles) Cinematic Department and others are making guest appearances.
William Keighley is entering his second semester as instructor of future directors. Alfred Hitchcock is lecturing on technique in melodrama. Boris Morros has a course on music in pictures, and Fred Metzler, 20th-Fox studio treasurer, is explaining the financial problems of film-making.