Variety (1958) - International: Hitchcock in Europe To Set 'Vertigo' Music
- article: International: Hitchcock in Europe To Set 'Vertigo' Music
- journal: Variety (26/Mar/1958)
- issue: volume 210, issue 4, page 12
- journal ISSN: 0042-2738
- publisher: Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier, Inc
- keywords: Alfred Hitchcock, Vertigo (1958)
Hitchcock in Europe To Set 'Vertigo' Music
Paris, March 18.
Alfred Hitchcock winged back to the U.S. last Saturday (15) after a Continental looksee. He came here to get the music for his new pic, "Vertigo" (Par) which was recorded in Europe because of musician's strike in Hollywood. Hitchcock tried Great Britain first, where the union backed their Yank counterparts as did the French.
An agreement was finally made in Vienna where Bernard Herrman's music will be recorded. Hitchcock made it clear that he was not strikebreaking but only trying to finish his film on time.