Vertigo (1958) - trivia
Trivia for Vertigo (1958).
Did You Know?
- Actress Kim Novak was easily young enough to be James Stewart's daughter — she was 24 and he was 49. Hitchcock would later complain that Stewart was too old for the role.
- The words "power" and "freedom" are used in three pieces of dialogue in the film — firstly by villain Gavin Elster, Argosy bookstore-owner Pop Leibel, and finally by Detective Scottie Ferguson.
- Vera Miles was original cast in the dual role of Madeleine/Judy. Officially, her pregnancy was the reason for Miles being replaced by Kim Novak, but privately Hitchcock and James Stewart had reservations about Miles after the lukewarm critical response to The Wrong Man (1956).
- Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo (complete title)
- From Among the Dead (working title)
- Illicit Darkening (working title)
- Listen Darkling (working title)
- Aus Dem Reich Der Toten (Germany)
- Sueurs Froides (France)
- La Donna Che Visse Due Volte (Italy)