Watford is a town and borough in Hertfordshire, England, situated 17 miles northwest of central London and inside the circumference of the M25 motorway.
Wally's New Café
Having finally retrieved his tiepin from Babs Milligan's corpse, Bob Rusk waits for the lorry to pull into Wally's New Café before jumping out and hiding in the café's outside toilet.
Situated on the A41 road, close to junction 5 of the M1 motorway near Watford, Wally's New Café was a popular stop for lorry drivers and bikers. The café was demolished in the 1990s and a Costco store now occupies the site.
Approximate former location of Wally's New Café:
- Elstree Studios, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire (4 miles)
- Acton, London (10.7 miles)
- Pinewood Studios, Buckinghamshire (10.9 miles)
- HM Prison Wormwood Scrubs, London (11.5 miles)
- Welwyn Studios, Hertfordshire (11.6 miles)
Selection of film frames: Watford, Hertfordshire
Notes & References
- Alfred Hitchcock's Frenzy: The Last Masterpiece (2012) by Raymond Foery, page 78