Catherine Kipping (b. 1872) née Hitchcock
Catherine Hitchcock, known as Kate, married local fruiterer Albert Kipping in 1896. They had two known children together.
She died in June 1909, aged 37, and is buried at St. Patrick's Roman Catholic Cemetery, Leytonstone.
- daughter of Joseph Hitchcock (b. ~1829) and Ann Hitchcock (b. ~1827) née Mahoney
- aunt of director Alfred Joseph Hitchcock (b. 1899)
- Charles Joseph Hitchcock (b. 1852)
- Mary Hitchcock (b. 1854)
- Joseph Hitchcock (b. 1857)
- Alfred Hitchcock (b. 1860)
- William Hitchcock (b. 1862)
- John Sylvester Hitchcock (b. 1864)
- Ellen Hitchcock (b. 1866)
- Emma Mary Hitchcock (b. 1869)
- born 1872
- born 1864
- son of Charles Kipping (b. ~1825) and Sarah Kipping (b. ~1826)
- brother of Charles Kipping (b. 1848), Emma Kipping (b. 1850), Julia Kipping (b. 1852), Alice Kipping (b. 1855), Edwin Kipping (b. ~1859), Sophia Kipping (b. 1862) and Jessie Kipping (b. 1869)
- married in 1896 to Kate Hitchcock
- died 1945 aged 80
Children born to Albert Kipping and his first wife, Ada Elizabeth:
- born 1888
- son of Ada Elizabeth Kipping (b. 1864) née Carver, Albert's first wife who died in 1895
- married in 1925 to Daisy Hillman
- died 1939 aged 50
Children born to Albert Kipping and his second wife, Kate:
- born 1897
- married in 1928 to Bertram Perkins
- died 22/Nov/1946 at the Essex Country Hospital
- probate granted 11/Jun/1947 to husband Bertram Perkins (retired civil servant) and James George Gowan (clerk of works), effects worth £3,833 16s. 6d.
- address: 46 Manbey Grove, Stratford
- Joseph Hitchcock (aged 52) — head, occupation: green grocer
- Annie Hitchcock (aged 54) — wife
- Ellen Hitchcock (aged 14) — daughter
- Emma Hitchcock (aged 12) — daughter
- Kate Hitchcock (aged 9) — daughter
- Mary Hitchcock (aged 26) — daughter
Kate is helping out at her brother's business in Islington.
- address: 36/37 Chapel Street, Clerkenwell, Islington
- Charles Hitchcock (aged 37) — head, occupation: greengrocer
- Catherine Hitchcock (aged 34) — wife
- Kate Hitchcock (aged 20) — sister, occupation: assistant fish monger (unmarried)
- John Hitchcock (aged 26) — brother
- Amy Hitchcock (aged 5) — daughter
- Theresa Hitchcock (aged 2) — daughter
- John Hitchcock (aged 6) — son, occupation: assistant fish monger (unmarried)
- Mary Linneham (aged 54) — servant (widow)
- Mary Roche (aged 70) — mother-in-law (widow)
Kate is now married with children.
- address: 709 Romford Road
- Albert Kipping (aged 38) — head, occupation: fruiterer
- Kate Kipping (aged 28) — wife
- Lillian Kipping (aged 4) — daughter
- May Kipping (aged 0) — daughter
- William Kipping (aged 12) — son
- Elizabeth Stacey (aged 26) — servant (domestic)
- Frank Banahm (aged 25) — servant, worker at fruit stall
Kate had died and Albert is living as a widower.
- address: 39 Chancellor Road, Southend on Sea
- Albert Kipping (aged 46) — head, widower, occupation: none
- Hetty Gollop (aged 36) — niece (single)
- William C. Kipping (aged 22) — son, occupation: fruiterer
- Lilly Katherine Kipping (aged 14) — daughter
- May Kipping (aged 10) — daughter
Notes & References
- Birth of Kate Hitchcock registered Q1 1872 West Ham.
- Birth of Albert Kipping registered Q4 1864 West Ham.
- Born in Tring, Hertfordshire. Worked as a fruiterer.
- Born in Bethnal Green.
- Marriage registered Q1 1896 West Ham.
- Death of Albert Kipping registered Q1 1945 Southend on Sea.
- Birth of William Charles Kipping registered Q4 1888 West Ham.
- Marriage registered Q4 1925 Rochford.
- Possibly born 11/Mar/1897, as the death of a Daisy Hillman with that date of birth was registered Q2 1980 Southend on Sea.
- Death of William C. Kipping registered Q2 1939 Rochford.
- Birth of Lily Kathleen Kipping registered Q1 1897 West Ham.
- Marriage registered Q4 1928 Rochford.
- Birth registered Q2 1900 West Ham.
- Marriage registered Q2 1923 Rochford.
- Death of Katherine Kipping registered Q2 1909 West Ham. Probate record gives date of death as 07/May/1909.
- Also listed as "sick".
- This is the daughter of Emma Hitchcock (b. ~1851) née Gollop and stepdaughter of Alfred Hitchcock (b. 1860).