Stapleford is a village and civil parish on the A119 road, in the East Hertfordshire district, in the county of Hertfordshire, England.
The 39 Steps (1935)
For Richard Hannay's escape on the Forth Bridge, second unit footage was used for the wide shot which closes the sequence. For the tighter shots showing Hannay hiding behind a pillar, a portion of the bridge was recreated on the railway line at Stapleford, just a few miles from Welwyn Studios.
According to a newspaper report from March 1935, Donat set off from his Hampstead home at 3:30am to film the scene.
- Welwyn Studios, Hertfordshire (4.9 miles)
- Elstree Studios, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire (14.2 miles)
- Watford, Hertfordshire (16.2 miles)
- 517 Leytonstone High Road, Leytonstone, London (19.6 miles)
- St. Patrick's Roman Catholic Cemetery, Leytonstone (19.6 miles)