Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Wet Saturday
The story was later refilmed for Roald Dahl's UK TV series "Tales of the Unexpected".
Mr. Princey's daughter has just killed her schoolmaster with a croquet mallet. He tries to find a way to protect his family's name and prevent his daughter from prosecution. He locates a man whom he thinks will be a perfect scapegoat, Smollet. Princey takes Smollet to the schoolmaster's body and draws a gun on him. He gives him two choices: go along with Princey's scheme that makes it look like Smollet committed the murder or be shot on the spot. Smollet chooses the former. Princey makes it look like Smollet committed the crime. He then tells him to keep his mouth shut. Smollet leaves and Princey calls the police. He reports that a murder has just taken place. (TV.com)
Hitch20 is web series exploring the film techniques of the twenty TV episodes Alfred Hitchcock directed.
The following official DVD releases contain this episode:
Cast and Crew
- Joan Harrison - associate producer
- Alfred Hitchcock — cast: Himself - Host
- Cedric Hardwicke — cast: Mr. Princey (as Sir Cedric Hardwicke)
- John Williams — cast: Capt. Smollet
- Tita Purdom — cast: Millicent 'Millie' Princey
- Kathryn Givney — cast: Mrs. Princey
- Jered Barclay — cast: George Princey (as Jerry Barclay)
- Irene Lang — cast: Jane
- John L. Russell - director of photography (as John L. Russell Jr.)