La Turbie, France
La Turbie is a commune in the Alpes-Maritimes department in south-eastern France.
On September 13th, 1982, Princess Grace de Monaco suffered a stroke and crashed whilst driving on the Route de la Turbie (D37), 8 miles south of La Turbie. She died the following day from her injuries.
To Catch a Thief (1955)
Part of the chase sequence in To Catch a Thief was filmed on the Avenue de la Victoire, which runs through La Turbie.
- Beausoleil, Alpes-Maritimes, France (1.2 miles)
- Monaco, France (1.5 miles)
- Èze, France (2.2 miles)
- Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, France (5.1 miles)
- Boulevard Jean Jaurès, Nice, France (6.9 miles)
Notes & References
- It is sometimes claimed that this was a stretch of road Kelly was seen driving along in To Catch a Thief, however this is an urban myth.