New Scotland Yard, Victoria Embankment, London
New Scotland Yard is the name of the headquarters of the Metropolitan Police Service, the territorial police force responsible for policing most of London.
From 1890 until the 1960s, New Scotland Yard was located on Victoria Embankment, by the side of the River Thames. In 1967, the Yard moved to larger premises on Broadway and the building is now known as the Norman Shaw Building.
The scenes set in the police station are identified as taking place at New Scotland Yard.
The 39 Steps (1935)
Foreign Correspondent (1940)
- River Thames, London
- Foreign Office, London (0.1 miles)
- Palace of Westminster, London (0.2 miles)
- London County Hall, Belvedere Road, London (0.2 miles)
- Trafalgar Square, London (0.4 miles)
- New Scotland Yard, Broadway, London (0.4 miles)
- Waterloo Station, London (0.5 miles)
- Leicester Square, London (0.6 miles)
- Henrietta Street, Covent Garden, London (0.6 miles)
Notes & References
- Alfred Hitchcock's London: A Reference Guide to Locations (2009) by Gary Giblin, page 204